We consider this particular award-winning sauce to be our finest, most unique work. A tomato-based sauce with a taste reminiscent of spiced apples, this sauce has scores of raving fans. While it’s excellent on almost anything, pulled pork and chicken are its crown jewels!
Ingredients: water, sugar, apple juice, tomato paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, molasses, starch, garlic powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.
Manufactured in a facility that handles wheat, soy, eggs, milk, peanuts, and tree nuts.
Tasting Notes from Ardie Davis
- This is one of my favorite Meadow Creek sauces.
- Kudos for using real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Real sugar sweetness naturally costs more than high fructose corn syrup, but the quality and health benefits are worth the price.
- Although I’m generally not a big fan of sweet barbecue sauces, Meadow Creek Original, Apple and Hickory are easy choices when I’m craving a sweet complement to my barbecue.
- Pairing preference 1: “Make Your Day” – Zesty Rub with Original, Apple or Hickory Sauce on any barbecue meat. This is my favorite combo.
- Pairing preference 2: “Naughty & Nice” – Spicy Rub with Original, Apple or Hickory Sauce on any pork or poultry barbecue.
Ardie Davis is the founder of the American Royal International BBQ Sauce, Rub, & Baste Contest. Learn More