Flame, smoke, and meat―these simple elements combine to make great barbecue. Creating the perfect bite of tender, spicy, smoky barbecue is a science and an art form, and Tuffy Stone―five time World Champion Pitmaster, co-host and judge of Destination America’s BBQ Pitmasters, and co-owner of the award-winning Q Barbecue restaurants―has mastered it.
Cool Smoke is the distillation of all his years of experience and wisdom. Inside you’ll find a wealth of barbecue information including:
- How to choose the right cooker
- The best way to trim a cut of meat
- How to prepare your own brines, rubs, and sauces
- Insider tips and hints for taking on the competition circuit
- Over 100 creative, delicious recipes to make you a barbecue master
The recipes include classic barbecue dishes with updated preparations like Smoked Ribs with Cherry Barbecue Sauce, Dove Breasts with Crispy Bacon and Chipotle White Sauce, and even the Holy Grail of barbecue: the Whole Hog. As no plate of ‘cue is complete without a generous helping of sides, there are also recipes for Corn Pudding with Poblano Pepper, Collard Greens with Pepper Relish, and Pineapple Hot Pot, along with delicious desserts like Frozen Coconut Lime Pie.