The butcher steel is often confused as a sharpener when in fact it is used to hone the blade. The butcher steel is a maintenance tool and should be used often to keep your knives in great condition. Using your steel is like brushing your teeth, you want to do it often.
The Traditional line of cutlery has stood the test of time and is the choice of many who appreciate the feel of a wood handle. The Dexter Traditional product line features a proprietary DEXSTEEL stain-free, high-carbon steel blade that is precision ground for durability. Including an individually ground and honed edge for just the right flexibility and durability. Unique edge geometry ensures a long-lasting blade edge, and easily restored performance every time it’s sharpened.
- Superior blade shape for easier slicing
- Unique edge geometry for long-lasting, easily restored performance
- Hand honed to the ultimate edge
- Formed handle for comfort and functionality
- Polished Rosewood handles
- Large brass compression rivets