- This event has passed.
February 29, 2020 @ 1:00 PM - 3:30 PM$100.00
Would you like to discover the secrets for smoking competition level ribs from the best of the best? Are you wanting to get into barbecue contests but need some pointers on what the judges expect? If so, this class will be an important step toward your success!
In this competition ribs class you’ll learn how to trim the meat, apply rubs, smoke, sauce, wrap, cut, and arrange a turn-in box for Baby Back Ribs and St. Louis Ribs. During the class we will also be smoking beef short ribs.
Instructor: JonesyQ the quintessential Delta Boy, Jeff “JonesyQ” Jones grew up in the Mississippi Delta competing with his father “Big Larry” in barbecue contests mastering his pitmaster skills. JonesyQ is driven by a desire to provide nothing less than outstanding barbecue and produces his own line of award-winning sauces and rubs that are used by many professional barbecue teams, restaurants, and families across the country. His products have been featured in Mississippi and Southern Food and Travel magazines, and he will be featured on an upcoming Network TV Cooking Series. JonesyQ currently competes on the MBN, KCBS, BCA and SCA circuits and has been awarded the title of Grand Champion Pitmaster:
- 2018 Virginia State BBQ Champion—won second place in both pulled pork and rib categories in the 2018 MBN Team of the Year Standings
- 2018 Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest Rib Finalist
- Fourth place in rib category in the 2019 MBN Team of the Year Standings
- Both of his sauces and rubs have taken home top honors in the National Barbecue News in 2018 and 2019 RUB and SAUCE of Honors—top ten in the country.
- Plus numerous other awards on the competitive barbecue circuit
Note: Because of the interest in this class, we have decided to increase the capacity to 25 seats.