Do you need a tried-and-true turkey stuffing recipe to complete your holiday dinner? Here's a traditional Amish favorite you can't miss!
While the turkey is the centerpiece of a memorable Thanksgiving dinner, a delicious stuffing is also an important part of your meal. In this recipe, we'll show you how to make a traditional Amish stuffing that will not disappoint.
- 16 cups bread cubes
- 1-1/4 sticks salted butter
- 1/4 cup lard
- 2 eggs
- Scant 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups celery (finely chopped in food processor)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the lard. Mix the two until they are fully melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and thoroughly stir one-half of it into the bread cubes, then set them aside.
- Beat the eggs well and add the salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over the bread cubes and stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Move the saucepan back to the heat and add the celery to the remaining butter and lard. Stir the celery until it's hot.
- Let the celery cool, then stir it into the bread mixture.
- Cook the stuffing at 350 degrees in a covered baking dish, stirring it occasionally, until it’s hot throughout (approximately 30–45 minutes).
Serves approximately 12 adults.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious turkey stuffing! Check out the list of posts below for more resources to help you with your holiday cooking.
Nicholas Breed Turkeys Available
Fossil Farms’ Nicholas Breed Turkeys are exceptionally juicy and tender, a delicious alternative to conventional turkeys raised on factory farms.
Why these turkeys are better:
- Allowed to roam free for a happier and healthier life
- Fed an all-vegetarian diet consisting of local corn, rye, oats, alfalfa, and soybean meal.
- Raised by a network of 4th and 5th generation family farmers in Pennsylvania and humanely harvested in New Jersey.
- 100% all-natural and free of antibiotics, growth hormones, and steroids.
TNotice: We stock Nicholas turkeys seasonally. For more info, email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (717) 355-0779, or visit our store at 140 W Main Street in New Holland, PA.